hipaa dental laboratory compliance
Van Hook Dental Studio is committed to safeguarding all protected health information in accordance with HIPAA, the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996. HIPAA is an United States legislation that provides data privacy and security for protecting medical information. HIPAA rules are enforced by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services and are documented in the HIPAA Privacy Rule. The HIPAA Privacy Rule protects individuals’ medical records and other personal health information. The rule applies to health plans, healthcare clearinghouses, and healthcare providers that conduct certain health care transactions electronically.
The Privacy Rule was drafted to limit interference with the sharing of information among healthcare providers for the treatment of patients. Disclosures between dental providers and dental laboratories related to treatment activities are explicitly exempted from the Business Associate requirements of the Privacy Rule. According to the U.S. Health and Human Services Office for Civil Rights (OCR), dental laboratories are not required to sign a Business Associate Agreement before dental practices share protected health information (PHI) for treatment of an individual due to the fact that dental laboratories meet HIPAA’s definition of a “health care provider.”
Although a Business Associate agreement is not required, Van Hook Dental Studio remains committed to safeguarding the confidentiality of our clients and has expended considerable resources in the protection and proper handling of all information. We appreciate the opportunity to serve you and your patients and thank you for making Van Hook Dental Studio your dental laboratory of choice.
policy & warranty
Van Hook Dental Studio has a one-year guarantee on all completed cases from the date of invoice.
- Please return original case with model work for adjustment, repair, or remake of the case at no charge.
- There are no refunds on any fabricated custom dental prosthesis.
- If a case cancellation occurs during the fabrication process, Van Hook Dental Studio will halt production and only charge the costs incurred up to that point. No refunds will be issued – only lab credit.
- Costs incurred for removal or reinsertion (including inconvenience, lost chair time, lost wages, or pain and suffering).
- Product or shade change different from the original prescription.
- Clinician recommends continuation of case without re-impressing after Van Hook Dental Studio has called to inquire about impression, margins, die, or photos.
- Prosthesis returned to us that show alterations by others, abuse, or misuse.
- Interim prosthesis (9 month warranty from date of invoice)
- For all unopened implants and components, there is a restocking fee of 15%.
- Returns must be completed within 14 days.